Friday, July 08, 2005

Hateful Public Transport

"I want to complain...."
Typical line of most singaporeans when they feel they have been treated badly. Well, lame but still I want to complain.

What's wrong with Singapore's public transport!!!

Taxi
I really don't know what's happening to all the taxi-drivers now. Those that know me, knows that I'm a regular taxi passenger. *thanx to my mum's upbringing...hehe*
I take taxi home from work everyday. *part of my miserable pay goes to them*
I realised the numbers of RUDE drivers have increased over the years. The probability of me getting a grouchy and rude driver is so much higher now as compared to 5, 6 years ago. Nowadays, I thank god when I get a less chatty, less grouchy, less scary driver. Some drivers I've seen really scared me.
Like yesterday, hailed a taxi and told him to go 2 places....first to pick up my friend and then to our destination.

I only asked him to go by the other way coz the shortcut he planned to take can't get to the busstop. Then after that he started to ask me for directions how to go before every turn and stepped real hard on the brakes and accelerator.

WTF...trying to get us killed huh!

Then at night...yes...took taxi again...this driver worse...he thinks his driving in F1...tailgating and brakes hard...AND he's not putting on his SEATBELT. *sigh*

See, in one day, I had 2 encounters with ugly taxi drivers. WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMER OK!!

And I'm wondering...does taxi companies screen the applicants. How do they award the license and taxi to them.

I think some drivers are mentally unsound..no offence to anyone. I don't look down on people discharge from IMH (aka Woodbridge). But do you think people with mental illness should be allowed to drive a cab. Think all applicants should take some psychological test before being allowed to apply for a cab.

I have seen drivers that mumbled to themselves, talk weird stuffs to me. Recently, one that said CB and cantonese vulgar language. Gosh...what's wrong with them? I only want a safe ride home.

Bus
Ok...rude bus drivers are not so much of a surprise coz we are all used to it. *I do take bus ok...I don't only take taxi hor*
But i want to praise SBS(not sure about TIBS coz I seldom take them) cause I think their drivers have improved. There are lesser rude and grouchy bus drivers now. Sometimes, I get "good morning, good afternoon" from a few bus drivers. Really brighten up my day.

I want to complain on the passengers. Don't they know how to move to the rear of the bus!! the front of the bus usually packed like sardines and the rear?????......got ghost izzit....cannot move in!

Every morning I need to take 2 buses to work. I always have to wait for the 2nd bus 72 before I can squeeze up. Its frustrating to see the bus half filled and you can't board. The better drivers will ask the people to move to the rear but it doesn't really help. Real pissed!!

Train
No complains yet lar.....coz seldom take that....but so far...quite pleasant...hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment