Day 1 in Perth
Date: 19th November 2005, Saturday
Time: 5am
Venue: On-flight
Finally managed to doze off but was woken up by the stewardess ready to serve breakfast…shucks!!
Why? ...Because I have difficulty falling asleep on flight…so when I finally can sleep…kana woken up...argh!!!!
Anyway…got to see sunrise through the plane window and it was very nice…managed to take a photo of it while trying not to scare the passenger sitting next to the window. *too bad we din manage to get the window seat...sigh*
Finally, the plane landed in Perth Airport at about 6.10am. As I was sick for a week and plagued with flu and cough and sore throat….Kim & Christine joked that if I coughed at the custom, they might not let me in to Australia…hahaha…so was trying hard to prevent myself from coughing…
Lo and behold…a little girl in front of us vomited…hah!!
Once we cleared custom and stepped out into the open…we were greeted with cold wind and sunny weather. Lucky we have jackets with us and quickly put it on…while waiting for Ling (Kim’s friend) to pick us up from the airport.
Thank you Ling so much for offering to pick us up so early in the morning and let us use her place to freshen up as we can only check into the hotel at 12 noon.
Feeling refreshed, Ling offered to bring us to Scarborough beach for breakfast at one of the cafes. We settled at a café called “Bruschetta” for breakfast…quite surprised to find the place crowded by people…coz it’s so early in the morning.The breakfast served there was great. And most importantly…I had my cup of coffee…hehehe
After breakfast, Ling brought us to Claremount to do a little shopping…and yes…we started our first few hours in Perth shopping…hahahaha
Finally we checked into the hotel and decide to laze around till dinner time where we’ll be meeting up with Kim’s other friend.
After deciding who sleeps where and unload what needs to be unloaded…Christine and I wanted to go for a swim at the hotel swimming pool which is at the rooftop.
When we got to the pool…were quite disappointed by the size and when we test the water temperature…it was icy cold!!!!...and not to mention…the water’s very dirty…with insects floating on the water. I gave up the idea of swimming and instead decided to do a bit of sun-tanning. Christine was brave…she managed to swim for a awhile before she give up…hahaha
After bathing, we got ready and proceed to meet Kim’s friend at a Japanese restaurant called ‘Matsuri’. (www.matsuri.com.au)The weather was quite cold because of the cold wind blowing at us while waiting for her friends. We walked from our hotel which was at one end of Hay St to the other. Her friend came bringing along with him two other friends…so there are 6 of us. The restaurant deco was nice…full-length see-through glass.
Dinner was quiet because…hmmm…out of 6 people…only Kim know her friend…the rest of us were like strangers…hahaha…think partly because the restaurant was quite noisy…I couldn’t really hear what they were talking about so I concentrated on eating my Katsu Curry Don…price was quite reasonable.
After dinner, we walked around and decide on a café for a drink. It’s a nice café…cozy…think they serve food too…but our stomachs were too full to have any desserts. The name is cute…’No 44. King Street’.
Anyway…it was there that we have more in-depth conversation coz it’s relatively quiet there. There’s Kim’s friend, Minho…his friends, Steve & Boons. They are all currently working and have stayed there for many many years.
I hope Kim never scare them with her loads of questions…hahaha
Guess they must be traumatized by the session…hohoho
They walked us back to our hotel as it was quite late. We took a group photo in the hotel…but the hotel staff has shaky hands and both photos came out blur…Arghhh…*faint*
After thanking them, we parted and went back our room. Pity the guys coz I think they parked their car near the restaurant…now they have to walk all the way back…hehehe

Great knowing you guys… :)
No comments:
Post a Comment