Sunday, June 25, 2006

AKira Jap Resturant

Ah~ How I love to spent my weekend alone at home listening to my fave CDs...Micheal Buble, Ken Hirai....etc
With no one to nag and disturb me.
Sometimes I really wish to move out and stay on my own. But...my current financial health doesn't allow that. Sigh~How to earn more $$ and do what I like.

Life is so sucky...or maybe...Life is SIngapore is SO SUCKY.

Kinda depressed lately...ppl around me have been joyous over the bonus they are getting end of the month. I am so bad on my luck. My previous company swallowed half a month bonus coz I didn't work till the end of the month when I tendered. My last day was the 15th...shouldn't they explained that we HAVE to complete the month for bonus...and its not as if I'm on probation or wat. I've worked for a full year...bloody hell~ And the bloody bonus should be given in FEBURARY and not bloody MARCH.

Argh~WHY do I ALWAYs work in SUCKY company.

Back to topic.
Went to celebrate advance birthday for A.....busy woman.
She suggested we go to Akira Jap Restaurant for dinner.


Located at Emerald Mansion, Emerald Hill


Quite a nice little eatery...enjoyed the long walk from centerpoint to emerald hill.
Walking pass Alleybar, came to rows of nice lil' shophouses with its unique design. Felt like a little town away from the city as we walked further in...noises from traffic along Orchard grew softer and softer. Felt calm and peace(other than our chatting) as we headed to our destination.

The interior of the eatery *note:I used eatery instead of resturant* was simple and looks like those small eatery in Japan. Ths, when Anne told me the price of the ala-carte buffet...I felt it was alittle overpriced.

The menu wasn't impressive nor does it have a wide variety. But the only thing that made the price worth was the freshness of the sashimi. We had about 5-6 rounds of Maguro, Salmon, yellowfin and amaebi.

However, I found the tempura too thick and heavy for my liking. But the saba was a surprise..as I was expecting juz a small fillet of it, it was quite big...the full length of saba(w/o the head) but its one-side.

Wouldn't mind going back for the sashimi only when I have extra $$ to spend.

No comments:

Post a Comment