Monday, August 25, 2008

The Seafood International Mkt & Resturant

BF's family was in town over the weekend and being unable to bring around during working hours...haha....brought them to have dinner at East Coast, Playground (ex-Big Splash)

The whole place was revamped and there's lots of eateries and cafes to chill-out...provided you drive.

The first time I ate at this seafood place was after Emily's wedding where the couple gave us(bro & sis) a treat. And I found the food quite ok.




The prawn sashimi was a nice surprise as we seldom have that in most places in Singapore...even jap restaurant only serves amaebi prawn raw.

The sauce that came with the prawn sashimi was similar to thai green chilli.

I strongly recommend the Thai-curry crab with garlic bread. Although mantou is the more preferred choice of s'porean....but I personally think that the thai curry goes super well with the well-toasted garlic bread.
The you-tiao with sotong paste was crispy and not soggy with oil like many other place.



Brought BF's siblings to Long Bar for Singapore Sling.
The live band was good and friendly too...came ard to chat with us.
Thanks to Richard for picking the tabs for us...so paiseh~